Did you know that you only have 60 seconds to make a good first impression?
When perspective buyers come to view your home, you want to make a good first impression the moment the pull up the driveway.
- Clean or repaint your front door. A nice front door is so much more inviting than an old dirty beat up one.
- Mow the lawn! A well maintained lawn will make a world of difference.
- Trim trees and shrubs that keep light out of the house. Your perspective buyers want to see the sights out of your sparkling windows!
- Dress up your front yard with simple landscaping. The keyword here is simple. Some buyers are looking for low maintenance. A highly landscaped yard may scare off a buyer. They may worry that it will take too much of their time to maintain.
- Paint your house, if necessary. If the perspective buyer sees peeling paint they will automatically deduct from their asking price. Buyers right now want a move in ready home. They do not want to paint before they can move in. Peeling paint may also prevent your home from qualifying for an FHA loan.
- Paint or replace your mailbox and post. If you have taken the time to maintain your mailbox, chances are, you have taken good care of your home.
These simple, inexpensive steps can increase your sales price dramatically. So what are you waiting for? Get outside and enjoy the weather and give a little love to your house, your buyers will thank you!