What does HVAC stand for?
Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning. The system is used for providing heating and cooling to a building.
Depending on the environment and routine maintenance, an HVAC system can be expected to last 15-25 years. Here are some regular maintenance items you can do yourself to prolong the life of your system.
1. Install a high-efficiency pleated air filter
2. Keep AC & Heating units free of leaves, pollen & grass
3. Clear 2 feet of space around outdoor AC & Heating units
MONTHLY or SEASONALLY
1. Inspect refrigerant lines each month. Keep the outside lines insulated
2. Replace your air filter according to the manufacturer guidelines
1. Replace your carbon monoxide detector battery
2. Clear condensate line with bleach/water mixture
3. Check outside unit to make sure it is on firm and level ground
It’s also a good idea to hire a reputable HVAC contractor to inspect and do maintenance on your system every Spring and Fall. Remember, we live in Louisiana, you don’t want to find out on the first very warm or very cold day that your system isn’t working to its full capacity.
If you find yourself in need of an excellent HVAC contractor, let us know, we have a few we can refer to you.